Thursday, September 29, 2016

Never think that you are unimportant, forgotten in the mind and heart of a certain one.

For you are NOT!

Each of us dreams of the "ONE"

You are .. to me

From the first and even now

I know our paths will never cross again, as I had always believed they would, according to Bob Dylan's songs.

Reality prevails .. and the truth between us is held only in each other's hearts

I would have sold my soul to be with you every night, for the rest of my life

But ...

I could not ... because it was not going to be just you and I

Life threw a snowball directly at my face, woke me up, and demanded I understand .. that us being together would bring children

Oh how I love being a dad. Oh how I wanted to be a husband .. to a good woman .. a woman that wanted to be a mom. A mom that would truly love her children.

A woman .. that I knew you were. Strong of spirit, witty, smart, intelligent, resourceful, frugal, sexy, caring, and most of all .. beautiful of soul

But I was the weakest link in the chain. Genetics and heredity. The good .. and more importantly .. that bad that I would bring to the genetic table ...

If our children derived a greater part of genetics from me, and not from you ..

We would spend the rest of our lives together .. nursing .. caring for .. attending to .. and doing all we could to improve the chances of survival of our children.

A thousand fold more so than the effort put forth by a normal, caring parent

Still ,, it is all past now. You are with another and I have nothing but dreams and regret.

Never think that you will ever be forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment